The Sunshine Coast creates an idyllic mix of fun and pleasure that most places can only dream of. It is not far from the heart of Brisbane, which makes it quite convenient to revelers, especially summer ones.
- Mooloolaba Main Beach – Always popular with visitors, Mooloolaba Beach is particularly safe, patrolled daily, and features only a small swell. There are plenty of convenient facilities nearby including cafes, and some quaint shopping areas. Take a walk up to Alexandra Headland for spectacular views of the bay, or head to the other end of the beach to explore the river mouth and rock wall.
- Pay a visit to the Australia Zoo – located just 20 minutes from Varsity Apartments on Steve Irwin Way, Australia Zoo is the home of some of Australia’s most unique and amazing wildlife, as well as some remarkable animals from overseas. It has over 1,000 native and exotic species that can’t wait to get up close and personal to you. Your visit to the Home of The Crocodile Hunter will definitely thrill and amaze you!
- Visit the Kondalilla Falls – It’s heavenly in nature, and is preferred by many for quiet and serene get-aways, picnics and barbecues. The park has a waterfall that falls into a valley- a view that is spectacularly panoramic and one of the most popular swimming holes in the area. For the more energetic, a 2 – 3 hr walking track is available which follows a return tour of the bottom of the waterfall.
- Follow the walkways of the fabulous Noosa National Park. Noosa National Park features spectacular coastal scenery and provides an important refuge for native wildlife including the koala, glossy black-cockatoo, ground parrot and wallum froglet. Look out for dolphins along the coastal path.
- Engage in a shopping spree at the Sunshine Plaza, which is the largest shopping boutique on the Sunshine Coast.The plaza contains cinemas, food courts, inns, beauty spas and waterfront eateries. The plaza is a one-stop shop that offers something for everyone.